Mrs Stylist Website privacy policies
Mrs Stylist is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Emma Gordon. I am a sole trader established in England and Wales and trading as “Mrs Stylist”. My address is 48 Fontarabia Road, London, SW11 5PF.
Information I may collect from you
I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to me. You may give me information about you by filling in forms on my site or by corresponding with me by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use my service, complete a pre-consultation questionnaire, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on my site, take part in a promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with my site. The information you give me may include your name, address, email address, website address, phone number, personal and physical description, lifestyle, marital status and age. If you contact me, I may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information I collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to my site, I may automatically collect certain technical information (this is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and does not identify any individual), as well as certain information about your visit to my site (including items you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information).
- Information I receive from other sources. I work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to me. I will use this information:
- to carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me and to provide you with the information and services that you request from me;
- to provide you with information about me, to send you newsletters and to invite you to events organised by me;
- to provide you with information about other services I offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about products and/or services which I feel may interest you. If you do not want me to use your data in this way, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to notify you about changes to my service;
- to ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information I collect about you. I will use this information:
- to administer my site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve my site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of my efforts to keep my site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of any advertising I serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of my site about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Information I receive from other sources. I may combine this information with information you give to me and information I collect about you. I may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information I receive).
Disclosure of your information
I may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract I enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist me in the improvement and optimisation of my site.
I may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if the Mrs Stylist business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
Where I store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask me not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. I will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if I intend to use your data for such purposes or if I intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting me at email@example.com or by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link (if any) in any marketing email or newsletter you receive from me.
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of my partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet my costs in providing you with details of the information I hold about you.